Lucknow’s King George Medical University (KGMU) was set on fire late on Saturday evening. It is being told that the fire is being taken in the second-floor of the medical department. According to preliminary reports, some patients have been taken out of the hospital.
Fire tenders from the Chowk fire station rushed to the spot and the rescue operation is underway. Due to the massive fire, the smoke on the second floor has been filled, causing trouble in the relief work. Six firearms of fire brigade are busy trying to control the fire. Officials at KGMU claimed that second floor of the trauma center, where the fire broke out, is reserved for medical training hence no one is injured.
Lucknow: Fire in the Medicine Department of King George Medical College Trauma Center; all patients evacuated pic.twitter.com/FgHCySrJr2
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) July 15, 2017
The reasons behind the fire are still not known. It is only assumed that short circuit would be the reason behind this massive fire.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath is expected to visit the trauma center in a short while.
“We immediately got the glass panes broken to get rid of the smoke,” said Prof SN Sankhwar, the chief medical superintendent of the KGMU.