Australian cricket team created history today when they chased down highest target ever set in Twenty 20 cricket at Eden Park in Auckland. In the 5th T20 of Triangular Series between Austraila and New Zealand was full of entertainment. New Zealand won the toss and opted to bat.
New Zealand– 243-6 in 20 overs ( Martin Guptill 105 from 54 balls and Colin Munro 76 from 33 balls)
Australian– 245-5 in 18.5 overs (D’Arcy Short 76 from 44 and David Warner 59 from 24)
D’Arcy Short was awarded Man of the Match.
- Highest successful run chase in the history of Twenty20 cricket
- Fifth-highest total in all Twenty20internationals
- 32 sixes were scored
- The 488 runs is second highest match aggregate in T20 internationals
- Ben Wheeler’s economy rate of 20.21 is the fourth-worst in T20 internationals
- Martin Guptill’s century from 49 balls is the fastest by a New Zealander
New Zealand XI -Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, Kane Williamson (c), Colin de Grandhomme, Mark Chapman, Ross Taylor, Tim Seifert (wk), Ben Wheeler, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Trent Boult
Australia XI -David Warner (c), D Arcy Short, Chris Lynn, Glenn Maxwell, Aaron Finch, Marcus Stoinis, Alex Carey (wk), Ashton Agar, Andrew Tye, Kane Richardson, Billy Stanlake